Building Resilience and Wellbeing
Helping your child to build resilience will really help them when they start primary school and for later life. Some top tips are:
- Spend time with your child without distractions.
- Encourage your child to do something out of their comfort zone, with your support.
- Focus on your child getting a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a positive outlook and encourage your child to do the same.
- Encourage your child to problem-solve.
- Teach children the value of patience by doing tasks that don’t have an immediate outcome, for example, playing a board game.