COVID-19 Service Update:
Currently all Hungerford and Area Family Centre face to face groups and course have been cancelled.
We are still offering Family Support, information and guidance via either the telephone, virtual meetings, social media and our website.
Please get in touch if you need help:
Tel: 01488 682628 opt 2
Last updated 01/04/2020
The Family Centre Provides Services And Support For Parents And Carers With Children Under Five. We Are A Place To Meet Professionals And Other Parents, To Get Advice, Support And Information.
What The Family Centre Offers:
Family Centre services available to all:
- Baby an Parent groups
- Toddler group
- ‘PEEP Play and Learn Together. Groups in Hungerford and Lambourn
- Breastfeeding support
- Parenting support and advice. One:One, peer support and within groups
- Family Support Work
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Training, volunteering and support into work.
Partnership with other agencies:
- Well-baby clinics – West Berkshire Health Visitors Baby Weighing Clinic
- Drop-in Speech Therapy – Berkshire NHS Speech Therapy Services
Family Centre services for families with identified needs:
- Low self-esteem, course for women with low self-esteem – BOOST course
- Parenting Skills – Family Support
- Parenting Course – Incredible Years & Growing Resilient Parents course
- Dads and male carers – BOOST for Men course
- Emotional Wellbeing – Supporting you on your journey with My Monday (women’s group) Walking groups to Peer volunteer training.
Hungerford Nursery School holds the Service Level Agreement from West Berkshire Local Authority to lead and provide Family Centre Services for Hungerford and its surrounding area. This includes the villages of Lambourn, Great Shefford, Enborne, Kintbury, Inkpen and East Garston.
Hungerford and Area Family Centre is part of West Berkshire Family Hubs – which are focused on supporting parents with children 0-5 years. Our services cover a 160 share mile area.