Coronavirus - COVID19
IMPORTANT LETTER REGARDING IMMEDIATE TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF NURSERY FROM 18/01/2021
West Berkshire has just been put into the highest restrictions - more information can be found here.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
This helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
· Phone: 0800 046 8687
· Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
· Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. · Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
· If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your
GP or other healthcare environment.
When to stay at home
Up to date Public Health information and advice can be found from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
School closure procedure
Should we receive instruction to close the school this will be communicated to parents as follows:
· On the West Berkshire Council website.
· Local radio stations (Reading 107FM, Heart, BBC Radio Berkshire, Newbury Sound) will be informed of the closure so details can be broadcast.
· Parents who have opted into the SchoolPing communication system will be alerted to the closure by text once the closure has been logged with the West Berkshire Council.
· The Centre’s website will be updated regularly regarding closure/re-opening of the Centre.
Please refer to our website for links and ideas.