Admissions Policy February 2019
Hungerford Nursery School
Centre for Children and Families
Aim: Hungerford Nursery School is committed to all children having equality of opportunity and including children of all needs. The aim of this admissions policy is to ensure that all children are included.
Please note: Attendance at pre-nursery automatically grants a child a place at Nursery
The Nursery is open from 8.00am – 3.30pm, during term time and 9.00am – 3.00pm during Easter and Summer holidays.
Admissions (Nursery and Pre-Nursery) Policy
Applications for places should be made directly to the Nursery School by parents/carers. Parents can register their child for a pre-nursery or nursery place any time after their child’s first birthday. We accept the names of any children.
3 year olds: The Nursery school offers 15/30 hours of free early education for 3 year olds. In addition parents can purchase breakfast, extra sessions and holiday club, lunches.
2 year olds: The Nursery school offers early education for 2 year olds to purchase and also some free entitlement 2 year old places, lunches.
If there are more children than the number of places available we will offer places in this order (in line with the Local Authority admission policy).
In each age group we admit children in this order:
- Children with EYPP (EarlyYears Pupil Premium), Funded 2-year Olds, special educational needs, looked after children (those in the care of the local authority) and children who have a social need accompanied by a supporting letter from a professional.
- Children who live locally and have a brother or sister at the school.
- Children who live locally but do not have a brother or sister at the school.
- Children who live elsewhere and have a brother or sister at the school.
- Children who live elsewhere and do not have a brother or sister at the school.
- All other children.
If a decision has to be made between children in one of the groups, a place is given to the child who lives nearest to the school by walking distance.